Monday, October 19, 2009

Contentment


After the (relatively) depressing post below, I realized that I need a reminder to be contented with the lot I have. I got that reminder this morning.

I may not have enough sleep, but I am still healthy.

My grades may not be good, but I still get to go into university. And despite of everything negative I say about uni life here, deep down I still enjoy it.

My family may have expectations for me, but they never pressure me. In fact they show they care a lot for me.

I am not a fast learner in school, but then at least I have a chance to learn the things I learn, and many more lessons in life besides.

I may not excel among my peers, but I found good friends in them. Thanks Yew Hong, Mei, Kasun, Gant, and the rest! :)

I may not turn out rich, or have a glamorous job, but God will take care of me.

I may not have everything in the world, but I have Christ, who is more than everything in the world. How can I not be contented? :)

The quote goes: Lack of contentment makes a rich man poor; contentment makes a poor man rich. To me, contentment opens my eyes to behold how rich this poor girl actually is, for in Christ, nothing I lack.

我是非常非常幸福的.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god! I'm so going to bookmark this post and read it whenever I feel like giving up. Like this post a lot! =) It's so optimistic & encouraging!!! Unlike mine, so depressing... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yi Tyeng :) I suppose we do have to let out some steam sometimes when feeling depressed lol, but it's better to do it the positive way!

    ReplyDelete