Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cycling at East Coast Park

Went to East Coast Park to cycle on Monday with Jon. It was drizzling slightly although NEA's weather report said it was going to be cloudy only. Still, it was OK because when we started cycling proper the rain almost stopped.

Just realized that cycling is really one of the (few) outdoor activities I like! However I have slight trouble mounting and dismounting from the bike (height issues), and my bottoms get sore rather quickly so I can't ride for very long. But it's nice to sail along the road and just feel like 'getting along' to somewhere leisurely without having to walk! (How lazy I am.)

East coast park is a nice place to cycle in firstly because it's really BIG and you can just go on for kilometers along it, and stop by here and there to watch people fish, skate, bike, camp etc. The road is in very good condition too, unlike in Pulau Ubin where we have to go on rocky stretches and sandy areas sometimes.

I don't really know why I enjoyed the experience. I did not really look around for scenic views around me when I was biking, because I was too busy keeping my eyes along the road. I wasn't too good at steering and there were young kids skating about and crossing the road here and there. Didn't want to crash into them. But it felt nice just 'following' the road mechanically and just riding on and on and on.

Somehow I think that's how I'm like too. Sailing along the road and riding on and on and on in a routine, and just feeling good about it.

But that's not enough - there's more to life than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment