Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Giving

Today Simon shared a testimony. He gave his Bible away to a lady in Philippines who made a decision after his message. She promised to read it every day. It was not easy for him to part with that Bible - it has accompanied him for many years and it was his favorite Bible. Yet he did, he parted it and entrusted it to a stranger, who is now a sister in Christ.

I just find it hard to do the same if I was in his shoes. I have three personal Bibles. One English KJV and a Chinese Bible from Mummy. Also another Chinese Bible from Daddy. Just wondering what I'd do if I was asked to give away any of them. The English KJV one with Mummy's writing and message inside? Or my old Chinese Bible that has been with me since I was 8 or 9. Or my newer Chinese Bible from Daddy which is the first Bible he has ever given me shortly after he accepted Christ?

I just think that if I need to, I will have to - a person's soul is dearer to God than any worldly possession is to me. And God loves a cheerful giver (though I'd cry buckets of tears at the same time after parting).

Some decisions are difficult. I was not asked to make this one. But I'm sure that this is not going to be the hardest decision / separation in my whole life. Indeed, sometime we are even called to give someone dearest to our hearts. He giveth and taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment