Friday, January 11, 2013

Intelligent manga

I googled those two words as in the blog title because I was again hooked to Liar Game the past few weeks. They have a new chapter in progress and I think while waiting I read through the previous chapters at least thrice.

I wanted to start on another manga besides Liar Game and so I found many comparisons between Liar Game and Death Note. Read the other one too to find out more but was really rather disappointed in terms of plot strategy.

I would say Death Note is superior to Liar Game in terms of artwork and character building. Liar Game characters are much less fleshed out but I like them just the way they are. The story of Death Note is more intricate and it has a darker plot which decreases its appeal to me although the plot is really well thought out.

To me Liar Game still wins by far and I seriously doubt I would find another manga or comic that would make me read it with such relish as compared to this one. And I would say the Liar Game story works best in the form of a manga as it is as opposed to say it being written as a book or played in a movie (it already had series and a film out).

My favorite character has been and is still Akiyama who is intelligent, cool, always in control and cares a lot for people although he pretends that he doesn't. I think the art depiction of him brings out that character although he could have been handsomer.

I really wonder how Liar Game would end. The plot has been genius so far. I am so curious for the ending but at the same time I don't wish for the series to close.

No comments:

Post a Comment