Saturday, March 9, 2013

Check mate

There was this period of my life when I was super into chess. Did loads of research on strategy and stuff. Thought I was good cz I always beat my grandfather until I grew older and he started to beat me without fail. Then only I knew the truth behind my so called wins.

I must say I have travelled a long way in chess. Learned many strategies, learned not to be careless but I had one persistent, lethal flaw. I could never checkmate promptly. Even when I was playing with 6 year old Mable I would eat up all her pieces and corner her and all. But it will take forever for that checkmate to come. (Sorry Mable. I was mean I know.)

This is my problem in chess and it never went away sometimes at the cost of the game. And in the same way I could never checkmate in life too. And the stakes are higher. Would it be too late when I finally stop that hesitating and planning and make that move?

No comments:

Post a Comment