Wednesday, August 14, 2013

For the people?

What happened to 'medicine is for the people'?

Today I only hear the words 'this is a business' that are crudely, continually used to jolt us on. 

But isn't medicine for the people? Won't the profits 'just follow' if we remember that? Why oh why not first take care of your own people?

Medicine is for the people? Or for the business? No wonder we are falling behind these days. Yes you squeeze work out here and there. But do you know that hearts too are getting squeezed dry? Passions quenched and burned out?

As flames are getting snuffed out and replaced by more less-noble emotions, let me myself not forget that medicine is for the people, and more so, my life is for God's glory. Let not the environment change that. Let not the management system change that. Let not the hearts around me change that. Let not my heart change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment