Monday, January 13, 2014

Angles

Jon has flown off to China to help out in a Christian youth camp over there. Again I realize how emotionally reliant I am on him because I felt at once lonely when he left. Although I already had CG to go that night, not to mention a houseful of housemates close to me.

So the first big bout of thankfulness came when Simon offered to pick me up a little way from the airport to CG, and once I had someone to chat with in the car, I didn't feel alone anymore. Then there was CG which I met WC for the first time a whole month after he joined us, and over the weekend I took 3 different cars around the back and forth home, got to knew HS and DN better, as well as met a new friend.

Suddenly I felt that the 'me' in there was so different once detached from the safe and comfy Jon and me community. People were more open to me, and so was I to them. I remember when Geri introduced me to her friend, I jokingly said that 'Jon's girlfriend' was my other, more popular, name. I guess in many ways that is true. Sharing, or preparing to share lives with someone else does take away individuality somewhat. But I am too made with my own 'shape', and cannot, out of complacency fall out of shape.

I guess that's something to think about this year too, as we prepare to go through most of our life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment