Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hours before presentations

My sleep time-table has gone haywire again.

I'll be having two presentations tomorrow. One for project and another for lab. This is the worst time for presentations ever. All of us want to start studying for finals but can't really do so because we have to prepare for our presentations. There's the slides, the speech and the ever challenging effort of sticking to the time allocated when you have this vast amount of slides to finish. Then after today's presentations there will be a mid=terms test for HYSYS on Friday.

I managed to squeeze both my presentations nicely within the time limit, but I do hope I am clear enough and coherent enough to be understood. Actually, after talking to some of my friends who have done their presentations, I realized that time isn't an all-important factor after all, but just a rough estimate by lecturers. They do chip in and ask questions half-way through.

The lab presentation's the worst. It's held like some 12 hours later and some of my lab partners are still editing slides. Mine are done but I don't fully understand what I'm presenting. Isn't that horrible or what. The professor in charge said the aim of this presentation is more to let us get a hang of what presentations are like. (Like we don't know that yet!) But still, the good point is we don't need to submit our lab reports. Hmm. I can't really decide which is worse.

Just got all my welfare packs for exams and the quality has deteriorated much since last year. I thought last year we should have goodie bags that are smaller because of the economic downturns, but looks like we're just coming the feel the effects this year! Still, I should be grateful for being able to have goodie bags during exam period at least. Having sourced for sponsorships myself I do know it's not easy to get them, although being able to advertise having product exposure to the whole of NUS helps.

Hmm that's all for today I guess. I've been drinking coffee daily lately :( Can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment