Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

It's the first day of the new year and since yesterday, my blogger dashboard has been filled up with entries with themes that sum up the last day of the past year, and (optimistic) new entries regarding year 2010. :) Sadly, the only time that I feel that a 'new year' is here is during August, when it is a start of a new academic year for me. Sigh. It is horrible the way my life is still centered around studies (psychologically, I'm not mugging away now) even when it's holidays and it's a start of a brand new year!

I don't have much go blog about my new year resolutions and such - because I've been too lazy to make any, and prefer to take things one step at a time. The new year does have a small degree of impact on me though. It makes me feel a year older (though by the time you're past 21 you don't really feel your age on you anymore, it just goes on and on), and it does give a tint of hope that this year your life will be better - change of outlook and all. I've been rather a spiritual failure in 2009 and have gotten myself in a mess here and there. I do hope for a change in that area this year.

I'm verbally translating pastor's message from English to Chinese again, and I feel that the results would be much, much better if I had to do it the other way round. Singapore is, I'm ashamed to say, turning me into a banana. For the sake of those who don't know what 'bananas' are, it simply means yellow on the outside, but white inside - a Chinese that doesn't know Chinese. The environment around me is so minimally Chinese (at least in the spoken and written sense), that I've hardly been using it at all. And it's so much faster to type in English! Fortunately I have pastor's notes with me a little earlier, and it's not too hard to translate this time.

CORS bidding is here - the bidding system which we're supposed to use some points to secure our university modules. The modules I intend to take are surprisingly unpopular at this point of time, meaning the vacancies are more than the number of students bidding for them. However, I fear the usual 'last minute rush' where bids pour in at the last minute, bringing the bid points of certain modules sky high. And it's so hard to decide which final year project to pick and ballot for!

I guess my brain is really on holiday now. Usually I do not have to think much while blogging and the thoughts just flow. Today it's stuck in stages. Oh well, may it get the well-required rest it deserves before the coming semester :) Will blog more when I get the train of thoughts unplugged!

No comments:

Post a Comment