Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Phoenix Fest 09/10

Maybe this is the last Phoenix Fest I'm going to perform in. Unless I perform as a final year, but one can't be too sure about that at this point of time.

Thanks Pin Yun, Farid, and Huimin who came to support. And thanks Kasun for sticking through the whole thing too haha. :) I don't know how I really did (three practices is a bit short for a big-scale performance like this, and I'm sure we should have done more). But my performance surpassed all those practices and I was able to put my heart into the music. I guess that's all that matters to me now.

All the other performances was spectacular. I remember when I was in Year 1 I enjoyed the performances so much that I wrote a sequential review of each in a blog entry. This year's one was generally much better than the previous years, in terms of atmosphere, residents who came to support and performance quality. But I'm lazy and I won't do the one-by-one review any more. Sigh. Enthusiasm dies when we go over. But stage fright doesn't. I've been performing for so many years running and I'm still getting butterflies in my stomach every time my turn approaches.

I'm always proud to be part of RH's cultural groups. Even though I don't think performing is the best way to express music. But I can't deny it is a good entertainment source, to share and showcase your talent. But when you're working with so many zai people, someone with slight inferiority complex like me still like to wait until the piano lounge (and preferably the surroundings) is completely empty before I sit down and play. Maybe this is selfish - but most of the time I keep my music to myself.

Anyway, Phoenix Fest has come and gone, and deadlines are approaching. As my final year in university edges closer, I just can't ignore the sad fact that I'm growing up, graduating and am going to face new challenges and shoulder new responsibilities soon. I need to be ready for that - and I need to start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment