Thursday, July 15, 2010

Artic in Sahara

This is the condition of my workplace.

Singapore is like Sahara now. Except Sahara is probably not humid. It is so hot even at 6 am in the morning! Unbearable.

Fortunately, or unfortunately (I don't know which is more apt), my office freezes like Artic. Thankfully I do not sit right under the air con. And thankfully it's just my office so I could always go to other parts of the building to warm up a bit, if I'm desperate.

Air-con seriously reduces my productivity. For someone who rarely goes toilet, I take an hourly break a day (I sit right at the door and the toilet is nice and clean a few steps away). The air-con is so cold that I keep on having to drink hot water to warm myself up (and wrap my bare hands around the hot cup). Today I was rather engrossed in typing and didn't do that, so in the end my fingers ended up really numb. I couldn't type, and I couldn't write until lunch hour came, and I went down to the canteen to de-frost my fingers. Almost couldn't hold my utensils properly too. However after lunch it was not so bad. I guess the calories matter. Literally burning them up haha.

Anyway with the exception of the over-cold temperature, I like my office seat. It is right at the door, means easy access to the water dispenser and cooler. And it's easy for my friends to say hi when they walk past the door, and for people going out to say hi to me too (met many people through that way). Otherwise, interns are rather isolated.

And yay, handed in FYP report yesterday. I regret to say I didn't have much time to check though. And I addressed my professor as 'Associate' instead of 'Assistant' (after asking Yew Hong to check his own)! He sent me an email to clarify. So paiseh. I did that twice, once on the cover page, another in the acknowledgements.

Oh well, at least I saw his first email smiley through this, and he said 'associate sounds better!'. Thankfully I didn't under-address him. That would be really bad. =p

I visited Jurong Library today after work too. Must make use of my $10 investment to borrow books! Ended up with Agatha Christie, after running away from the Chem Eng section. =p The library is a nice place to escape from the sweltering heat too :)

So that's all, I'm going to read the book I borrowed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment