Monday, May 30, 2011

Last Results-Out-Day

As much as I like the feeling of relief upon getting satisfactory results, I'm so glad I'm seeing the last of the results-out-days.

Well I'm very sure that this is not going to be the last time I'm awaiting a piece of paper with bated breath: one fine day the pages on a medical report is going to make me more tense than this (I hope not), but at least the academic ordeal of this is over! It was bad enough waiting for UPSR, PMR, SPM and STPM results, but this uni thing happens every semester and it has always been my least favorite part of the academic year.

I'm very thankful for my results :D I had four different dream-versions of it yesterday night. The last version of it consisted of me missing the third class honors by 0.01 of a CAP. The results came in the pink academic records book we used in Secondary school, and was distributed by my primary school form teacher who looked very grim. I was half-way counting the 'scores' and checking if the marks are correct (hoping to appeal for that 0.01 later), when I woke up. Well, I must say I brought this dream onto myself because I refused to wake up to check my phone to escape reality for a little while more. Now I'm safely right in the middle of the third class rank!

My FYP prof has been generous in his grading and I can't thank him more for that. Finally I realize those complimentary little exchanges we had during post-FYP meetings (Mei & I were writing a review paper for him) were not aimed at 'consoling' us. :p Furthermore I had found a few unwanted typing mistakes in my report after handing it in, and have grieved over them a little too late. :S It was nice working with him + Bevan. My Design Project received a rather good grade too. :)

Now the last thing I want to do in NUS (besides donning the graduation gown and receiving my cert of graduation), is to walk round the whole school and take pictures. NUS is really a very picturesque place at the right angles, and there are a lot of beautiful (non-academic) spots that are really nice. E.g. the top part of YIH feels like a forest especially when it rains.

I'm glad we all graduated in one piece! Thank God for these four years.

1 comment:

  1. Just to share... I missed out on 3rd class honours by 0.01 points. =)

    Not sure if you knew that already. Hahaha.

    But congrats! =D

    ReplyDelete