Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Orientation

The first day of my official New Employee Orientation is over. I expected to be bored because this is the 2nd time I'm going through this (went through it just last year as an intern). In the end it turned out not too bad. I think this is a good refresher course - because I've already forgotten the names of the big-shots heading the US headquarters. And oh no, I still can't remember most of them even now!

It was also my 2nd time fighting fire with a fire extinguisher. Took a smaller one because I knew that I couldn't use the big ones properly as I'll have trouble lifting them. Glad I managed to extinguish the fire by myself this time! I could extinguish it last time too, but I think it was because of all the prompting coming from the side. :S

And the best best best part of today was (besides getting an enormous lunch for just $2, complete with fruits + drinks + free salad), getting to go back at 4.30 p.m! And I reached home 20 minutes earlier than usual - even after dropping by the library in NEX and borrowing 4 books! Also, tomorrow I can take the 7.50 am bus instead of the usual 720 am/730 one. AN EXTRA 15 - 20 MINUTES OF MORNING SLEEP!

On an unrelated note: I'm really getting to like Julia Golding's books more and more. Think she specializes well in fantasy fiction stories. I don't know what I'm going to read after I've finished all her books and Agatha Christie's collection in the library. :S

No comments:

Post a Comment