Thursday, September 8, 2011

End of First Shift Cycle

I just finished my night shift and this is the end of my first shift cycle at work! :) I'm lucky to have an off-weekend my first round of shift. I need to recharge!

Night shifts didn't turn out to be nightmares after all. One of my favorite time during the shift was around 6 a.m. in the morning where the melody of Singapore's National Anthem will be played (to remind the working class their role as Singaporeans). It reminds me of late night studies with Jon in McD when we heard the National Anthem too. And it gives me a nice feeling of how many Singaporeans I know love and care about their country. It's also feels inspiring and uplifting (they changed it from G to F major in 2001 for that effect, apparently).

My favorite arrangement/rendition of Singapore's national anthem is here around time 0:36 (this clip was part of Singapore's 2011 National Day Celebration). It's not at awesome as say, Les Miserables, but I can feel it's sincerity. Somehow I like the little boy's voice a lot. :) And I must say that Singapore does have a nice national anthem! Pity not everyone knows what it means exactly because it's in Malay.



No comments:

Post a Comment