Wednesday, October 20, 2010

老地方

This is actually Richie Ren's song. I haven't been hearing his songs for a long time. Out of touch with the radio. Not really a fan of all his songs, but some are quite nice. The signature song of his would still be 'Xin Tai Ruan'. However there are others I prefer and this is one of them.


I like this song because it is set in the 'era' I like. I mean the tune of the song and the nice peaceful, bittersweet feel it carriers. This is the first time I'm seeing the MV.

I remember that my first personal experience with the radio was after I finished SPM (that's O-levels). Before that I only listen to the radio only if my dad or my grandparents play it. My sisters and mum didn't really like the radio. Daddy liked English songs.

That was the time when there was a long break and I was alone at home. I twiddled with the radio and fell in love with many many songs. There was Tong Hua by Guang Liang (which I'm bored off by now), Shao Nian, Wang Lee Hom's songs and those of other artists. That was the first time I fell in love with Chinese songs. And I'm still in love up till now. Chinese songs have a feel that English songs don't have. Especially this type.

Liu Ruo Ying (the girl) looks nice in this MV. Usually I don't too much of her looks (paiseh) but her songs are super nice. But here she looks quite pretty.

Hope to meet up with these good old songs some time soon. They always bring in sweet surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment